The Maldives has long been a bucket list destination, particularly for honeymooners, and it’s easy to see why. Could there be anything more romantic than spending a week or two in paradise with just you, the one you love and those stunning beaches? We were lucky enough to pay a visit to one of the newest Maldivian resorts earlier this year and were instantly hooked, feeling a weight slip from our shoulders as we watched the sunset from the terrace of our over water villa.
Honeymoon, or no honeymoon, the Maldives is a destination everyone should try and visit in their lifetime. Here are ten photos that will have you planning your trip instantly.
1. You will be greeted by views like this on the flight in
2. Could there be any better jet lag cure than arriving to this jetty?
3. You could have views like this from an overwater villa
4. These stairs will lead you directly into the azure sea
5. Or take a dip in your own private swimming pool overlooking the beach
6. This is where you could spend your days sunbathing and sipping cocktails
7. Look at the colour of that sea!
8. You can feast on delicious seafood like this
9. Before curling up into a king size bed overlooking the sea
10. Did we mention the colour of the sea?!